Monday, June 2, 2008

29 Pieces Of Irony

I’ve been running high for about a week and my sugar doesn’t seem to want to come down and even out. I’ve reduced my carbs and have been really, really counting every bite that passes my lips. I’m exercising 45 minutes every morning and even that’s not having the effect I want it to. I’ve bumped up my insulin little by little over the past few days to see if I can get a handle on it all.

I just checked my e-mail and there’s an ad for a gourmet chocolatier. “29 pieces to try.” (290 carbs to avoid.)

As always, more to come…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lora. Just a thought, but it could be a bad batch of insulin.

When did you open your current vial?

Lora said...

Hi Jeff:

Actually, I did consider that. The highs started just as I was finishing my first Lantus pen. Now that I've just opened a new bottle of insulin, it's taken a couple of days, but this morning I actually woke up with a normal number. I'm hoping I'm heading back on track. Maybe the tail-end of the pen wasn't so good...