Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Spiral City

If you’ve been reading, you’ll know that I’ve been on a mission to develop a pattern on my arm with my testing “dots.” I’ve declared myself finished as of my latest test today, and here it is, a spiral of sorts… The beginning part of the spiral is less noticeable, as that’s the spot where I normally test, and the dots are on top of the callus. I decided to trail the spiral off a bit into virgin skin so they’d be more noticeable. In case you’re still having trouble seeing it, I’ve connected the dots in this version… And, just because I wouldn’t be a good diabetic if I didn’t know my numbers, here’s what each dot represents… While this was mostly for amusement, I did take away one important skill: lancing without the device. I realized after the first couple of tests that I couldn’t get the precision placement I wanted with the lancing device—it was always just a little bit off. So I started testing without the device, just by quickly poking the lancet in my arm. Turns out, not so scary after the first couple of times. Good skill to have, given that the lancing devices I’ve used have been known to break.

Now, on for the next big adventure in life. Maybe something with fire…


As always, more to come…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Lora. And I've had lancet devices break and leave me with no other choice than to go "manual." It's good to know you can do it when and if the need arises.

Those are mighty good numbers, too!