Monday, November 9, 2009

Perspective

I got an e-mail from an old friend this morning. She's one of the nicest people I know, with a great husband and a beautiful daughter.

She wrote to say she's expecting an addition to their family and she's 4-1/2 months along. I'm so happy for her. She's an excellent mom.

She also wrote to say she's been diagnosed with breast cancer.

While it's November, the month for all things diabetes, and I'm still planning on wearing my blue with pride, I've had some perspective shift. I no longer think the huge bruise on my thigh is quite so dramatic, or the fact that my sugars were running low yesterday is cause for freaking out.

It's November, but there are a lot of women who are stuck with October, and its significant pink ribbon, year-round.

My good thoughts, vibrations and karma all go into the universe for Danielle.

As always, more to come...

4 comments:

phonelady said...

yeah nothing like a cancer diagnosis from a friend for one to put their priorities in line huh ? so sorry for the cancer dx for your friend I hope they caught it in time . I will be praying for her and her baby .

Crystal said...

(hugs) to both of you.

meanderings said...

Oh Lora, I'm so sorry for your friend.

Lora said...

Thank you for your well wishes--I'll pass them along to my friend!