This meme has been floating around for a couple of weeks, but since I’ve been out of the loop, I haven’t seen it. So I’m reviving it for today. Stuff about me you probably don’t need to know, but I’m telling you anyway…
1. Do you like bleu cheese? When it’s combined with other things, yes. I love a good bacon and blue cheese hamburger, and blue cheese in a salad is lovely. Oh, and blue cheese olives in my martini are a must.
2. Have you ever smoked? Not on a regular basis. I’ve done the “I’m drunk, can I bum a cigarette” thing in my younger days, and I’ve smoked clove cigarettes because I was a liberal arts major, but nothing for years.
3. Do you own a gun? A jumbo super-soaker squirt gun to keep the dogs in check when they bark at the neighbors’ dog through the fence.
4. Favorite type of food? I like all kinds. I’m big into seafood, Italian, French, pizza…just about anything as long as I think it tastes good.
5. Favorite type of music? Something I can sing or hum along to.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Awesome at the ball park, pretty good on the grill at home.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Love Actually, the original Miracle on 34th Street with a tiny Natalie Wood, and Meet Me In St. Louis with Judy Garland.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Juice or hot chocolate.
9. Can you do push ups? I can probably pump out a few…
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I love my engagement ring because it came with love. I love my watch because I bought it for myself, also out of love.
11. Favorite hobby? Watching TV, sewing, reading, baking, driving aimlessly, little crafty projects I dream up.
12. Do you have A. D. D.? Nope. I’m pretty focused.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? I wear glasses. I started as a freshman in high school, only having to wear them to see things far, far away. Now I have to wear them 24/7. I always pick cool frames, though. I figure if I’m going to wear glasses, I’m going to WEAR them. (Tried contacts, hate them.)
14. Middle name? Michelle.
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: I hope my boss comes in a little late today, is this too long for people to read?, it’s going to be a long day.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink: Water, Ocean Spray Sugar-Free Cran drinks, juice.
17. Current worry? How much trouble the dogs are getting into because they’re home alone more often since I’m working crazy hours.
18. Current dislike right now? Too much work, not enough time for me.
19. Favorite place to be? With people who make me laugh.
20. How did you bring in the new year? At home, with my husband, and some really good food.
21. Someplace you’d like to go? Everywhere! A beach right now sounds good, as does Moscow, Croatia, Argentina and Washington D.C.
22. Name three people who will complete this. Most of you already have!
23. Do you own slippers? Yes, several pair. If my feet get cold, it takes forever to warm them up. I try not to let them get to that stage.
24. What color shirt are you wearing? Red, with a grey sweater over it.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No! They make me sweat, as do satin pajamas. I like cotton.
26. Can you whistle? Barely, and it took me a long time to learn how to do even that!
27. Where are you now? Somewhere I’m not supposed to be working on personal items...
28. Would you be a pirate? Not a bad, evil one. Is there such thing as a do-good pirate? Then I wouldn’t mind travelling the high seas and going to foreign lands looking for and burying assorted treasures.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? I don’t sing in the shower. I’m pretty much an in-and-out girl. When I bake, though, I like Carly Simon.
30. Favorite Girl’s Name? Molly—my dog’s name.
31. Favorite boy’s name? Charlie—my other dog’s name. (I don’t have kids and don’t plan on having them, so we really only think about potential pet’s names. There’s a newscaster named Dane Placko and we think that’s pretty cool…)
32. What is in your pocket right now? Clothes pockets, zip. Jacket pocket—gloves (we’ve just about hit that season in Chicago).
33. Last thing that made you laugh? My husbands red-light camera ticket. He got a speeding ticket yesterday morning, then I came home and found a notice in the mail he got caught via camera blowing a red light. I laughed at him whole-heartedly.
34. What vehicle do you drive? Saturn SUV. It’s like an overgrown station wagon. It’s old and completely paid for and I’m going to drive it into the ground.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I broke my arm when I was really little, but I don’t remember much about it. I did have a nasty toe infection one summer (pre dx, but possibly foreshadowing of?)
36. Do you love where you live? I love Chicago; I think it’s one of the best cities in the world. My personal abode could use a little work…
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Two hooked up, two sitting on a shelf.
38. How many computers do you have in your house? Just my laptop.
39. If you changed your job, what would it be? In a dream world: pastry or dessert chef. In the real world, down the road: grade-school librarian.
40. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be? A cure for diabetes and all other diseases, tax-free money to become debt-free and a personal assistant to take care of all the day-to-day annoyances.
As always, more to come...