Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Looping

Sorry for the lapse in time, but to be honest, that low number threw me for a loop. It’s been a really, really long time since I’ve gone that low, that quickly, with no provocation or inkling.

As such, I spent the next two days over-compensating, barely letting my sugar get below 120—just in case. (Me, starting the loop.)

Then I spent the next day trying to determine if every pang, twinge, thought, pause, skip and whatever other action my brain and body were doing meant something. Something bad. Something that was headed toward low. (Me, in the middle of the loop.)

And now, just within the past day and a half, I’ve overcome my hyper-awareness and am just settling back into my routine of normal eating, normal testing and normal activity. (Me, on the downside of the loop.)

I have to remind myself that there was no justifiable explanation for what happened, and chances are pretty good there’s nothing I could have done to produce a different outcome. I can only think positively that I reacted appropriately and no harm was done. And I have to get on with my life.

Of course, I did pack a really cute Kate Spade makeup bag (got it for free at work!) with juice boxes, Nutrigrain bars and an extra blood kit, and slid it under my bed. I’m going to pick up some Smarties, too and throw them in there. Just in case. (But I’m not going to obsess about the “just in case.”)

As always, more to come.

No comments: