Monday, December 14, 2009

Ho Ho Oh No

Yeah. That's me. The person who hasn't even started her Christmas shopping yet. Hasn't given more than 30 seconds thought to what I might get who or what. I did buy my tree, put it in the stand and water it. No ornaments or lights yet.

I just can't seem to get there, to get into my holly jolly mood. Mostly, it all just seems a little exhausting.

I'm not bah-humbuging. Really, I'm not. I like Christmas. I like wrapping presents. I like my tree. I'm just waiting for the spirit of the season to give me a shot in the arm (Wait, that's cupid, right? Wrong holiday! Could explain why I feel off....). I'm sure it will come. I just keep waiting.

And eating the Christmas cookies that keep showing up at work.

As always, more to come...

2 comments:

phonelady said...

of course the christmas bug has not hit you yet it will just get out there and smile .

This Ro(a)mantic Life said...

There's a lot of pressure to get in the spirit, no? Sometimes I think it would be easier if the world were a little more low-key about it. Don't guilt yourself. Online shopping is my lifesaver. Last-minute works, and there are no lines :)