Monday, December 14, 2009

Ho Ho Oh No

Yeah. That's me. The person who hasn't even started her Christmas shopping yet. Hasn't given more than 30 seconds thought to what I might get who or what. I did buy my tree, put it in the stand and water it. No ornaments or lights yet.

I just can't seem to get there, to get into my holly jolly mood. Mostly, it all just seems a little exhausting.

I'm not bah-humbuging. Really, I'm not. I like Christmas. I like wrapping presents. I like my tree. I'm just waiting for the spirit of the season to give me a shot in the arm (Wait, that's cupid, right? Wrong holiday! Could explain why I feel off....). I'm sure it will come. I just keep waiting.

And eating the Christmas cookies that keep showing up at work.

As always, more to come...


phonelady said...

of course the christmas bug has not hit you yet it will just get out there and smile .

Contemporary Troubadour said...

There's a lot of pressure to get in the spirit, no? Sometimes I think it would be easier if the world were a little more low-key about it. Don't guilt yourself. Online shopping is my lifesaver. Last-minute works, and there are no lines :)